Wednesday, December 28

Happy 2012 New Year!



As this year comes to a close, I find myself in the middle of the rush to wrap everything up.  This blog is no exception.  Today is my final blog for the year.  But don't worry, January 2nd, 2012 I will have something new and exciting to open the year with.

Today, I will keep it simple, no long reflection or monologue on the ending of this year or the best of this or that, I just want to leave you with a couple of simple messages.  Though, I do have to say, this year has brought me happiness beyond my imagination with my "new" dog coming into my life and has delivered sadness that seemed unreal by loosing not just my "old" dog, but a few friends as well.

Remember your dogs when you are planning your New Year's celebrations.  Many people go to parties or host them.  Just remember to give your dog what they need to, be that a potty break sometime throughout the night or a safe place from all the celebrating.

Finally, training for your dog is necessary.  You don't have to have a trainer, but you do have interact with your dog and lay out clear rules for them to live by.  Most people don't know exactly how to do that and that is where I can help.  Think about your dog, does he have the manners you want him to have?  If not, maybe a training session or two in the new year is the answer.

For those of you that were hoping for a best of list, here it is.  Petside has the 25 top Pet People of 2011.  Enjoy the list.

To train with Bark & Clark, bark on the link:  Bark!