Friday, May 14

Fun Nosework

I have mentioned before in my blog that I am fascinated by Fun Nosework for dogs!  I have been helping on Sunday's for the past year plus, to teach this sport.  It is the most incredible thing to watch the dogs do what comes natural to them, the fun part is getting to work so closely with them in an arena that is all theirs.  You have to completely trust your dog and let them take the lead.  It is so different than other dog sports.
Tomorrow is the NW1 trial which I am competing in with a very cute little Puggle named Bella.  We are competing against 38 other human and K9 teams for our level 1 title.  I wouldn't be being very honest if I said I had no nerves, but they are good nerves.  I am so excited to compete with Bella, she is really good at this and has such a good time and that makes me have a good time.  She has this way of looking at me and it is as if she is saying forget all the rest, lets have fun... and that is what we do.  I know she will do great tomorrow and because she is so amazing, I have no choice but to follow her lead.
I will let you all know how we do on Monday.  Until then, have a great weekend, I know I will!

For more information about Nosework, bark on the link:  Bark!