Wednesday, February 2

Help For Dogs In Detroit


When I think of Detroit, I knew it was a city in trouble, a city becoming a shell of what it was.  But I had no idea how bad it was.  A good friend forwarded me the video below last night and it really got to me.  The situation is dire with 70,000 abandoned buildings and people obviously fleeing the city... but apparently they are leaving their dogs behind.  There are an estimated 50,000 stray dogs and only 23 animal control officers.  There is no place for the dogs to go, no food, no shelter and the ones that are being picked usually end up just being euthanized.
This video is a plea for help.  If you have a few dollars you can spare for the dogs in Detroit, they need our help.
Please be warned, this video has graphic images that are hard to watch.



To donate to the Detroit Dog Rescue, bark on the link:  Bark!