Wednesday, March 7

Top 10 Most Popular Dogs Breeds



Everyone has their own personal favorite dog breed and most of the time it is basis based on a childhood dog that was our only true friend or the first dog we got as an adult and saw through all those hard times or it is the pooch that is currently the object of our affection.  In any case, we all have our favorites and the reasons to go along with it.  But are your favorites America's most popular?

The American Kennel Club released their breed statistics for the 2011 calendar year, indicating (according to their registration) America's top dog breeds by popularity.  Take a look at the list and see if you agree...

2011's Most Popular Dog Breeds (according to the American Kennel Club)
  1. Labrador Retriever
  2. German Shepherd
  3. Beagle
  4. Golden Retriever
  5. Yorkshire Terrier
  6. Bulldog
  7. Boxer
  8. Poodle
  9. Dachshund
  10. Rottweiler 
 Now I know my mom will be the first person to call me to say, #9 should be #1.  But for me, I think #1 is just fine.  I actually was not that surprised by the results, except that German Shepherd's Bulldog's did come in higher than I would think they would.  It is a pleasant surprise.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us a bark!