Thursday, December 23

Tis The Season For Giving


Each year as the holiday's arrive we are reminded of what we have and more obvious are those around us that don't have much or nothing at all.  For me it starts with Thanksgiving and continues to the end of the year.  I just have a hard time imagining what it would be like to be without a home, friends, family, or just anyone to love you, no matter if you are a human or an animal.  So, this time of year, I donate to my favorite "shelters" or "rescues" for both our two-legged and four-legged friends.  I know with times so tight, most think they cannot afford to do such a thing, but do you realize that even $5 helps?  It does.  And if you cannot give money, there is always food, toys, clothing, blankets, crates, or grooming supplies.  Most of these organizations survive through donations.
There are a lot of reasons to donate, some do it purely for tax write offs, some out of guilt, some because it feels good and others because they care that much.  Whatever your reason, I hope you find an organization that is right for you to give to, I know they will appreciate it no matter what it is.  My favorite gift I've ever gotten is a donation made in my name to sponsor a dog.  The dog didn't live in my state, but I knew for a year that he had food, shelter, and hopefully a staff of people to love him.
My fingers are crossed that all of my readers give a gift that will continue to give and find the perfect organization to donate.

To see a list of animal shelters, bark on the link:  Bark!

To See a list of Homeless Shelters, bark on the link:  Bark!