Tuesday, February 14

Happy Valentine's Day!



Today is a day to celebrate love and I think the perfect "someone special" are our pets!  Now don't get me wrong, me and my boyfriend will celebrate this day with something special, but I always take this day to spoil my own pets a little extra and maybe some less fortunate ones too.

I find myself this morning giving a special amount of love to a very unfortunate little puppy.  My friend found this scared little girl a week ago today, she is about 6 months old and just tiny.  My cat is much bigger than she is!  So, I get to watch her this week and spoil her.  The best part is my dog is very sympathetic to her and seems to be just as interested as I am in loving her and making sure she feels comfortable and safe.

Many of my clients and friends have asked what the best way is to show your love to your pet.  I think that is the easiest thing to do.  Make them a special dinner or get a yummy "desert" treat from your local pet bakery or pet boutique (Pussy & Pooch have some yummy things) or take your pet on an adventure you know they will enjoy.

Showing your love is easy... just love them.  You could sit on the couch and pet them for hours... I'm pretty sure my cat and dog are crossing their paws for that one.

Whatever you do, let your pets know just how special they are and how loved they are.  If you have a chance to drop some food or treats off at a local shelter or rescue, the pets there would surely enjoy it.  And if you can handle it, today is great day to pay a few of them a visit for a little pet or talking to.  But be careful, I know many people that ended up getting their pet on Valentines day simply because they went in "just to look or pet a few".

Happy Valentines Day to you and all the four-legged friends that make our life a little better just by being in it.