Monday, February 13

Lady And The Tramp



I felt like I revisited my childhood on Friday night when I went to the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood to see the re-release of Lady and the Tramp.  I forgot how much I love that film!  Besides it being a great love story of two dogs, it is also a love story of humans and dogs. 

All the true to life dog-isms they put in the animation was really impressive considering how old the movie is.  But what always makes me laugh is the accents on the dogs based on their breed.  I find it so cute.

I laughed and I cried, even though I have seen it who knows how many times.  Seeing it in the theatre felt like I was seeing it for the first time.  The story warms my heart every time.  The prejudice that is played out about dogs being bad or having bad intentions only to be proven wrong in the end.  It did make me think how differently dogs were thought of then compared to now.   I think we all consider our four-legged friends a part of the family these days, no matter what side of the tracks you are on.

If you have the chance to see this film in the theater, treat yourself.  But if you can't make it by February 16th, maybe just rent it or go buy the new digitally remastered version.  It is worth it.  I felt like I got to go to a total fantasy land for a little over an hour.  Where dogs were the wise ones and our rescuers and the best part... they could talk!

Happy Monday and don't forget to give your dog a little love.