Tuesday, February 21

A Human And Dog Paradise



This weekend I treated myself to a camping trip with a great group of friends.  We went to the Anza-Borrego Desert and saw all the beauty that is there!  Not only is this a great place to relax and enjoy nature, but you can have your dog with you almost anywhere you go. 

The campground we were at was completely dog friendly, you just needed to keep your pooch on a leash.  But almost all the hikes or adventures at your fingertips are okay for dogs too.  There were a few places that I saw, and I didn't go everywhere, that had "no dogs past this point" signs, but the rocks and step climbs would've turned most dog owners away.

I didn't have my four-legged friend with me on this trip.  Neville is not good with a lot of new people and I wasn't sure how it would be for him in terms of what I could take him along for.  So, I was pleasantly surprised to see all the dogs I did.

Wind Caves

One adventure that we went on was exploring the Mud Caves!  What a beautiful thing and so much fun!  I would never take my dog there, but there were other cave like areas that would've been his dream come true.  The Mud Caves were pitch dark and you had to rely on your flash lights, such a thrill!

The next time I go, I will certainly be taking my Neville.  To allow him to explore the desert will be a fun adventure for me too.

If you have the chance to go, with your dog or without, see the Mud Cave, Wind Caves, and don't miss taking a dip in the natural hot springs pool!  But above all, at night just look up.  The amount of stars and shoot stars we saw were just amazing.