Monday, April 5

Picking Up After Your Dog

 

I'm sure by now we have all seen the postcard hand out from the city giving us the dos and don'ts of picking up after your dog and where they can go.  This is becoming a bigger deal as the amount of dogs increase Downtown.  I know as I am walking everyday I see a LOT of poo that has not been picked up and though I try to pick up what I see to help out, this is becoming a real problem.  There is a pending lawsuit in Virginia against a Petsmart, one of the patrons in the store did not pick up after their dog right away and a man slipped in feces and claims to have injured his back, head and lost 4 false teeth.  The suite is for $1 million!  Though there is no way at this point to know if the case will be successful, how scary for us dog owners that it is one more way we can be sued for all we own.  I'm sure there are not a lot of people out there that would sue a private party, but if they are starting to sue the pet friendly stores, how much longer until they sue the city for the same thing and after that it is only a matter of time before they come after the private parties.  So, let it be a warning for all of us and just clean up the poop.

For the full story of the Petsmart suit, Bark on the link:  Bark!