Friday, May 27

Half Marathon Dog



Those of you that follow me on Facebook may have already seen this post that a friend shared with me.  But since we are going into Memorial Day weekend and I won't have a blog on Monday, I thought I would leave you with a memorable story and one of great inspiration. I don't think Dozer the dog "knew" what he was doing other than running, but what a difference his innocent escape has made.  

Dozer, a 3-year-old Golden Doodle, escaped from his home on May 15th, and seeing the more than 2,000 runners running in the Maryland Half Marathon, decided to join them.  He ran all the way to the finish line and took drinks out of cups and water spots along the way.  He finally decided to go home (one tired dog) the day after the 8-mile race.

When his family saw the coverage of the K9 runner, they notified the race organizer and Dozer was presented with his own metal.  And it doesn't stop there, Dozer also now has his own cancer research fundraising page on the race website for the next Maryland Half Marathon. 

The video below tells the story.


To donate to Dozer's fundraising page, bark on the link:  Bark!